Check this out...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time to get honest in 2011 ...

Hey folks, sorry I've been "off the grid" for a bit. Was busy with a new job, and moping about not having any money. But HEY - it's a new year & I've got a wonderful, happy, healthy family - I've got to remind myself sometimes to appreciate all of that & not focus on what we don't have!

Well, the job did not work out & so back to the drawing board I am looking for legitimate work from home. (why from home you might ask, I have 2 young boys that I stay home to raise & my husband works full time outside the home)

And this year I decided to be completely honest on this blog. We live as green & eco-friendly a lifestyle as we can, well...actually more than we can afford to!! We're like a lot of families living in America today, we live paycheck to paycheck. It's not how we used to be, before kids; I worked & made a very decent amount of money, we never worried about money, we had it; right? lol That's when you don't worry about it!!

My husband & I made a tough decision, based in large part to the way we each grew up, in divorced homes & myself as a latch-key kid; that when we had children, I would stay home to raise them & he would work. It's actually what brought us to the town we currently live in, my husband works in this town, so it cut down on car maintenance/wear & tear & commuting costs, such as gas, etc. For over a year we even did it w/only 1 car in the family. That got to be way too difficult last winter; my son was older & I wanted to be able to take him places, do stuff w/him and he was going to be starting preschool, so I would need a car to drop him off/pick him up.

We fought for over 2 years to get a loan modification on our home mortgage (our interest rate was too high, that's the only reason - it became unmanageable when we lost $20,000 on our old home that we sold) through the homes made affordable program & it worked!! Our mortgage was lowered by $700 per month! Huge, right? Yes! We now really have to figure out a way to lower my car payment, which might mean trading it back in to get a used car at a lower payment, which I'm perfectly okay with, it needs to happen soon, we are pretty strapped for cash right now.

Well, as all of this is probably pretty boring, it's my first post of 2011, I will continue to write mostly about "green" topics, but with a more doses of reality thrown in & some posts will be more personal. One thing all of my posts will surely be is honest. I will try to help other families, like ours and different to give their families the best on a budget! I'm also always open to ideas, suggestions & questions. Please drop me a line, or two...I would love to hear from you.

PS -if anyone knows someone who is looking for an experienced transcriber, guerrilla marketer, social media savvy blogger/poster, "Green"-minded individual, Notary Public and all around telecommuting professional - well....look no further!!

Have a great night all, feels good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment